RPMs for Fedora Installations
Here is a collection of RPMs that I have put together. They are here
for me to test. Those that seem satisfactory will eventually be pushed
into either Fedora or
RPM Fusion, depending on licensing
issues. If an RPM disappears from this page, then I have either found
it unsatisfactory or migrated it into one of those two collections.
Note: Due to space problems, I am not able to post
binary RPMs on this web page. Furthermore, some of the programs listed
here are distributed under non-free licenses, so I cannot provide the
sources either. Hence, all you get is either src or norsrc RPMs.
Packages that Fedora can take
These packages are freely distributable. I provide source RPMs for
- abcl: Armed Bear Common Lisp.
- buddy: BDD library.
- cal: BDD library.
- cmusphinx4: speech recognition.
- CrocoPat: a relational programming tool.
- cxsc: C++ library for Extended Scientific
- dedukti: universal proof checker.
- gap-atlasrep: GAP interface to the Atlas
of Group Representations.
- java-colors: color chooser for Java.
- java-mersenne-twister: fast
random number generators in Java.
- JHotDraw: a Java GUI framework for technical
and structured graphics.
- jreality: 3D mathematical visualization in
- jtem-beans: auto-generate a GUI to inspect
- jtem-jrworkspace: tool to build UIs
for complex modular applications.
- jtem-jterm: Java terminal window.
- jtem-mfc: Mathematical Foundation Classes
- jtem-numericalMethods: a Java
library that computes numerical solutions to algebra, calculus, and
- LiDIA: a library for computational number
- netutil: Open Sound Control (OSC) for
- opendial: a generic Java-based toolkit for
building dialog systems.
- python-BTrees: scalable persistent
- python-persistent: translucent
persistent python objects.
- python-random2: python 2 compatible
auto-generate Sphinx API docs from Zope interfaces.
- python-ZEO: Client-server storage
implementation for ZODB.
- python-ZODB: Zope Object Database and
- python-zodbpickle: Fork of Python 3
pickle module for ZODB.
- SInE: Sumo Inference Engine, a metaprover
targeted on large theories, especially on SUMO.
- smrj: Simple multicast remote Java.
- snark: SRI's New Automated Reasoning Kit.
- spass: SPASS, an automated theorem prover for
first-order logic with equality.
- sunflow: Java rendering system for
photo-realistic image synthesis.
“Free” Packages with Fedora-incompatible licenses
These packages are supposedly free software or open source, but include
license terms that are incompatible with the Fedora distribution.
- blast: Berkeley Lazy Abstraction Software
- cmuclmtk: a language model trainer for the
CMU Sphinx decoders.
- Spin: a model checker.
These packages have restrictive licenses. I do not provide the
sources. You have to download those yourself after signifying your
agreement with the license terms. All I provide is a nosrc RPM.
- pvs: Prototype Specification and Verification
System (Allegro Common Lisp version).
- yices: an efficient SMT solver.
- zChaff: a Boolean Satisfiability solver.
Packages without licenses
These packages are clearly intended to be free, given statements by
their authors. However, the authors have failed to provide a clear
license, making them unacceptable to repositories with lawyers.
- nasalib: NASA Langley collection of PVS
Last modified: Tue Jul 8 13:23:38 MDT 2014
by Jerry James